Increasingly, people are creating outdoor living spaces. Such areas create a natural extension of their home, providing an opportunity to enjoy being outdoors while cooking, playing, mingling, or just relaxing. While many people realize that there are benefits to having a great outdoor living space, they may not be sure what to do to take what they have and transform it into their ideal outdoor living space. The good news is that, with a little research and planning, anyone can have an outdoor space that will match their lifestyle.
“The outdoor living industry is booming, because people want to get back to being outdoors more,” explained Don Gwiz, director of Lewis Aquatech, an elegant outdoor-living company. “There are so many options that there is - design solution for everyone, whether you want something big and bold or prefer something soft and subtle.”
Here are 5 ways to improve your outdoor living space:
1. Do more than dine. Many people eat outdoors at their patio tables, so why not kick it up a notch? Create a great cooking area, as well. Whether you are going to add a great grill or a whole outdoor kitchen, your outdoor living space can become where you prepare the food, too.
2. Turn the heat up. Whether you love bonfires or want to be able to use your outdoor space on more days throughout the year, a heat source can help you do both. Adding an outdoor fireplace is going to help warm things up on a cool fall evening, as well as give you a place to roast those marshmallows.
3. Choose a water feature. If you want an outdoor space that exudes peace and tranquility, you will want to consider adding a water feature, such as a fountain. The subtle sound and look of them can help your guests relax, as well as being a great conversation piece.
4. Love your living space. Having a usable and comfortable outdoor living space means having a living space that is capable of providing such things. Be sure to consider your options in this area, as you can have outdoor sofas, tables, and more that will do well outside.
5. Add a pool or hot tub. When you have a swimming pool or hot tub, you are not only creating a great outdoor living space, but also adding a place where you can entertain, exercise, and relax.
“There are many ways that a backyard can be transformed into a luxurious outdoor living space,” added Gwiz. “It’s just a matter of determining what works to meet your needs, and then creating the type of space that you want. It is always within reach for your idea to become a reality!”
Lewis Aquatech is an award-winning outdoor living company that has helped many people turn their yards into luxurious outdoor spaces. They have helped people with custom pools, landscaping, hardscapes, spas and water features, night lighting, and outdoor décor. Their luxurious outdoor creations have been featured in magazines, including “Luxury Pools” and “Home & Design.” The company serves the Washington D.C. area, including Maryland and Virginia, as well as providing consultation to those beyond. For more information, or to obtain a free photo book of outdoor living space ideas, visit their site at: www.lewis-aquatech.com.