A beautiful Las Colinas home is always enhanced with beautiful curb appeal. Curb appeal is not just one thing; instead, it is a number of things that work together to frame your home so that it looks well-maintained and attractive. Here are just a few things you can do to add to your home’s curb appeal:
- Give the shutters and trim a fresh coat of paint. Paint is one of the least expensive home improvement projects you can do, yet it yields beautiful results. You can instantly give your home’s exterior a facelift with just a gallon of paint and a little time out of your weekend.
- Paint your front door a bold or unexpected color. A front door with a bold color, like red or navy blue, can take your home from ho-hum to exciting and attractive. If your home looks like others on the street, this is also a great way to make it stand out from the crowd. It is always best to keep your home’s exterior neutral, but your front door is one area where you can have a bit more fun. Just make sure it coordinates with the rest of your home and you can’t go wrong!
- Update the hardware on the front door and the house numbers. You can give your home a trendy, updated look by simply changing out your front door hardware and the numbers on your house.
- Trim back low-lying tree branches. If you want buyers to notice your home when they drive past, then you need to make sure they can clearly see it. If you have any low-lying branches near your front entrance or front door, make sure to them back so buyers have a good view of your home from the street. If your trees need a bit more attention than a little trim, it is best to call in the services of a professional tree pruner.
- Add color to your front porch. If you want to add a little pizazz to your home to add to its curb appeal, consider placing a lovely wreath on the front door or a few pots of colorful flowers near the front door. It doesn’t take much to dress up a home’s front porch, but the results will make your home feel more welcoming and inviting.