Cycling is one of the many sports that you may do, while you are bored or want to do it for fun. It is easy to learn how to bike, but gradually this kind of sports is getting obsolete. Nowadays when the fun is not anymore about going out, having a family outing, and cooking stakes in the sun on the beachside, still, a lot is called entertainment when you are out with friends or family and want to enjoy some quality time.
When Facebook and Twitter can be clouded with pictures of you and your loved ones on a nice sunny day outing, a regular part of fun is the skating and cycling at the park while your family members set up tables for lunch and Barbecue. Children love cycling and skating around the park. When it gets crowded, not only the safety of children and adults is important but also if you are racing down the side walk, the safety of you and your bicycle is something to think about as well.
Similar is the case when a student runs to his college or university on a bike and people walking on the sidewalk in the campus have to avoid your high speed cycling when you are late. The point is, safety at any time while you are on a bicycle and the pedestrians are all around you, is important. Not only is this, but also, the case of bikers having their cycles lost another issue. Sometimes, thieves will get to your bicycle before you can even get to it after 5 minutes of parking outside a shop to get a quick drink, or outside your campus in college. All you need is some safety tips for you, your bicycle and pedestrians, and a little more to go with this concept is the insurance against vandalism.
Tips on saving pedestrians
Read some of the points to consider, as tips for saving yourself and the pedestrians while you cycle all across that park or the sidewalk back to your house as follows:
- While cycling, make sure your helmet is properly placed on our head to avoid any injuries to your head if you fall or the cycle slips at any time.
- The bicycle should be cleaned thoroughly and checked before you start your daily cycling so that if there is an issue with the cycle, you can fix it before you start having fun.
- The pedestrians have a right to go first so, slow down if you see many people walking past.
- Bike slow. You can get late for 5 minutes, rather never get to the destination
- It is impossible to chase the moon, so reach for the stars and keep a steady pace while you cycle. Do not get into a speed that is uncontrollable for you.
- While cycling, make sure you know where you are going and have a look out on the other people’s face and drivers along the way. This will help you in being alert if you know where another person might be turning his car/cycle or his vehicle.
- While cycling on a busy road, along the side of parked cars, make sure you do not hit any unexpected opening doors of cars next to you. People never have any idea while you cycle along with them and they would just get out of the car at the wrong time for you.
- Even when you cycle in the park, or on the road, make sure you are not against the direction of people or traffic coming. Go with the flow and never go against the tides.
- If there is another passenger with you, possibly a child, make sure the child has safety measures taken too, for example, the child should be wearing a helmet and knee pads incase the cycle is misbalanced, and you both fall.
With respect to the bicycle safety, there are some tips to consider as well, so that you can avoid losing your vehicle:
- Have it chained down to a pole where you can park your bicycle safely.
- Get insurance for your bicycle, for protection against harm, damage, vandalism, theft, breakage, etc. (For details on different insurance packages for your bicycle, log on to uk.Protectyourbubble.com)
- Color code your vehicle, so that when you have parked it amongst the similar looking cycles at a stand, it would stand out and you would know if it is yours, and others will too recognize their own.
- Always lock your bicycle properly, even though you have chained it down and have insurance.
Nowadays, the safety concept is a far important topic to be discussed, because of the sudden demand and supply changes, in the market due to heavy inflation all over the world and people finding easy ways to deal with what they need, through stealing etc.