Service Makes the World’s Best Hotels
Some hotels rank among the best hotels in the world. What sets them apart from the rest? The answer is in the outstanding services they consistently offer. Here is a list of services that distinguish the extraordinary from the ordinary in the hotel business.
1. The hotel has qualified staff working 24/7, 365 days per year. The staff members are able to assist with a variety of customer needs. Some areas of assistance include handling repair requests, starting the pilot light in the fireplace, and giving operating instructions for such things as laptop or cable connections.
2. There is security 24/7, 365 days per year. There is always a qualified staff member available that respond to medical, fire, or crime situations by calling 911. The night staff performs security rounds to prevent unsafe conditions by checking for unlocked doors and alarms that are not turned on.
3. When making reservations for a room, the guests are free to make special requests. For example, the guest might need a grand suite overlooking the court yard with a king size bed on the first floor that includes 4 foam pillows instead of feather pillows, and a Jacuzzi in the bathroom.
4. The front desk staff person addresses the guests by their name when possible. For example, “Hello, Mr. Jones, welcome to our hotel….”
5. The front desk staff is courteous when addressing their guests by saying “yes mam, no mam”, or “yes sir, no sir.” When ending a conversation with a guest, the staff member always says, “Is there anything else I may help you with?”
6. Upon check-in, the staff offers to have the luggage brought to the guest room.
7. Upon check-in but prior to escorting guests to their rooms, the staff provides a brief tour of the grounds including the location of the coffee house, dining room, as well as restaurant hours.
8. The staff escorts the guests to their room pointing out everything the guests need to know about the room. Things the guest needs to know are how to use the key, be careful not to touch the towel warmers, how to adjust the thermostat and fireplace, and where the necessities are located such as the ice container, extra blankets, bathrobes, pillows, umbrellas, bath scales, and safe.
9. Upon leaving the guests in their room, the staff person addresses the guest by name and says, “Welcome to our hotel Mr. and Ms. Jones. Do you have any questions, or is there anything else I can help you with?”
10. The hotel carries items that guests typically need such as pain killers, combs, toothbrushes, toothpaste and extra soap. Also items included with the hotel supplies are video CD’s, computer cables, and access to a computer with a printer.
11. Staff personnel with the responsibility of giving wak-eup calls follow certain procedures. When giving a wake-up call, the staff person addresses the guest by name and includes information about the weather. For example, “Good morning Ms. Jones, this is your 4:30 A.M. wake-up call. The temperature is 68 degrees with partly cloudy skies. The high today is 74 and the low is 55. Would you like another wake-up call in 15 minutes?”
12. The hotel offers room service 24/7, 375 days per year. The meals brought to the guest rooms are properly covered, includes a table cloth, and is delivered as soon as possible.
13. The guests are offered a variety of choices to utilize their time while at the hotel. The best hotels offer amenities such as access to a swimming pool, fitness room, bicycles, walking trails, and sponsored events held on the hotel premises.
14. The hotel staff always encourages feedback from its guests. If a guest complains about something, the staff personnel listen and take action to correct the error if necessary.
15. Upon check-out, the guest is offered assistance with luggage and directions, and offered a guide to other luxury hotels. The staff may also offer bottled water, either room temperature or chilled depending on the guest’s preference.
To make the most of your vacation enjoyment, make your stay at a 5 star hotel or 5 diamond hotel. It is here that vacations become cherished memories. The experience of a night’s stay at a luxury hotel is well worth the cost.
The author James Morris has been a night manager for 10 years at a 5 star and 5 diamond hotel. There are many hotels that rank among the best hotels in the world, and each one offers very unique and elegant accommodations to suit your taste. For more information on the world’s best hotels, visit the website: www.worldsbesthotel.net