Who doesn’t love a good glass of wine? A lot of individuals like to pour themselves a glass of wine after a hard day at work. It helps them to unwind and relax. There are then those who save this treat for when they are enjoying a scrumptious meal at a fancy restaurant. No matter what category you fall into, there is nothing wrong with a glass of wine now and again. In fact, there are actually health benefits associated with wine. That’s right, this treat can be a good help rather than a hindrance (when consumed in moderation of course). So, let’s look at these benefits in further detail and discover where the best regions are for the most popular wines…
What are the health benefits of drinking wine?
· Wine may reduce the risk of a heart attack – Hype-resveratrol is an antioxidant found in wine and it is extremely beneficial. It can reduce bad LDL cholesterol and protect your heart’s blood vessels as well.
· Wine gives you a testosterone boost – Aside from lowering the risk of a heart attack, wine can also boost your levels of testosterone. You will find that you have a lot more energy and you will recovery from injuries quicker as well.
· Wine can prevent dementia – We have resveratrol to thank for this benefit as well. Memory loss is caused when amyloid proteins form sticky balls that build up on the brain and consequently kill brain cells. However, resveratrol is believed to distort the protein’s shape so that it doesn’t latch onto the brain. So, next time you fancy a glass of wine whilst in one of the Hong Kong best restaurants in Central and your partner is nagging you, joke that you are having one so you don’t forget who they are a few years down the line!!
· Wine may reduce the risk of a stroke – A study was conducted involving eighty thousand women. All women were between the age of 30 and 55 years old. The study concluded that those who were light drinkers were less likely to have a stroke by twenty per cent.
· Wine can lower the risk of depression – Another study of 5,500 people who drink wine on a light to moderate basis showed that they had a lesser chance of suffering from depression.
When you take all of this into account it is not hard to see why you should order a glass of wine when visiting one of the restaurants Hong Kong situated. But, before you dash off for a sip of the delicious drink, let’s take a look at the top wine regions in the world…
1) France – France tops the list of wine production in the world, with Merlot being one of the most popular.
2) Italy – Italy has just been piped to the top spot, with Trebbiano coming from the European location.
3) Spain – Despite being home to the biggest vineyard acreage on a global scale, Spain only comes in third.
4) United States – We have finally moved out of Europe, with California being responsible for 90 per cent of the wine that comes from the US.
5) Argentina – Finally, Argentina takes the fifth spot. Wine production is growing in the country by the year.