Happiness is one of the things that everyone wants, but we are not quite sure how to get it. A big misconception is that money brings happiness. While money may help someone who is poor become happier, it doesn’t have a lasting impact on one’s overall happiness. The things research has shown actually do make people happy are those that come from within, rather than that which can be purchased.
“People too often search for happiness outwardly. They are looking in the wrong direction,” explains Louix Dor Dempriey, a spiritual master who started and leads events through the Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation. “True happiness comes from within. You have to look inward in order to live a happier life.”
Louix has spent decades as a spiritual leader helping people to become happier, through his seminars, workshops, and retreats. Here are a few tips he offers for helping to be happier in life:
• Find inner peace. Having inner peace is about forgiveness, acceptance and tolerance. Those who have that find that they are happier and more content with their life.
• Practice gratitude. Often, we focus on all that we don’t have, rather than being grateful for what we do have. Keeping a daily gratitude journal can help remind us to be grateful for all the great things we have in our life already.
• Give love. The Laws of Attraction teach us that when we give love, it will come back to us. Whenever we send out love and compassion, we are likely to receive it in return, helping us to feel happier.
• Help others. Doing altruistic things, such as volunteering or helping others, brings happiness to us. It makes us feel that we are needed, we are contributing, and we are making the world a better place.
• Get together. Those who are alone in life tend to be less happy, overall. For this reason, it is important to get together with those who share and support your beliefs, dreams, and visions. It will help you feel happier and will create a sense of belonging.
“Look past material possessions and all the things that take a lot of money,” adds
Louix, “The things in life that will truly bring you happiness are either free or very low in cost. Place your focus on healing and purifying yourself, and you will find your path to being happier in life.”
The Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation, which is located in Laguna Hills, Calif., offers events throughout the world. The events focus on teaching participants such things as inner peace, unconditional love, and harmony. Events, including retreats and seminars, have been offered throughout the United States and Australia, including in Laguna Hills, Calif., Sedona, Ariz., La Jolla, Calif., Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York City, and San Francisco. To learn more about Louix Dor Dempriey, or to see the schedule of upcoming events, visit the site at www.Louix.org.