Eye care is vital regardless of the age. Whether it is a 2 month old baby or a 60 year old man, eye care is a must if you want to keep enjoying the blessing of this, one of the most important, of the five senses. While people pay attention to their eyes and eye care when they are young, it is equally important for older people and seniors to take care of their eyes.
By age 60, one in every three Americans suffers from some sort of vision impairing eye disease. However, since there are no warning signals except for poor sight (which is usually considered as a normal symptom of aging), many seniors fail to treat their eye problems at such a critical age. By identifying and treating eye problems and diseases early through routine dilated eye exams, older people can still preserve their vision and sight.
In the USA, seniors are reporting suffering the following eye diseases: age-related macular generation (ARMD), cataracts, diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma. As far as health is concerned, it is indeed wise to get an eye exam ahead of time instead of waiting for the symptoms to occur.
While the traditional vision chart test was the only way to judge the eyesight of a person, the method got obsolete when medical experts in the eye care industry introduced better and more effective ways for eye exams. The dilated eye exam is a good example of this modern technology. After proper evaluation and check, the dilated exam has medically proven results that ensure that it does increase the quality of life for seniors. In a nutshell, a senior citizen can enjoy seven times better results.
A dilated eye exam for seniors will benefit them in the following ways:
1. A dilated eye exam will allow seniors to enjoy near perfect vision. An eye examination is must to determine the clarity and sharpness of vision. If you are able to read your favorite book with the smallest letters then your visual acuity is near perfect. In case you are unable to do so, you will be generally prescribed eye glasses or contacts. If you are a vision-challenged patient, get a great deal on Focus Dailies All Day Comfort at GetLenses.
2. Since weak eyesight and blurry images are usually considered common aging symptoms, an eye examination is a must to detect actual eye problems or diseases. After a dilated eye examination, a doctor will be able to determine the peripheral vision accuracy of your eyes, the coordination between the muscles of your eyes, your ability of color detection, and the healthiness of your eyelid and eye. A routine dilated eye exam will save you from last minute panic.
3. It is very important for seniors to get their eyes examined on a regular basis in order to get early treatment of eye problems they are suffering. Waiting till the symptoms will show up can be too late for the treatment to be effective. Early detection of the problem means early treatment as well.
4. A dilated eye exam allows improved diagnosis of the eye. With dilation, the pupil size increases giving away clear view of the retina up to 7 times in a three-dimensional form. This helps in detecting eye conditions such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, and other retinal disorders.
5. A detailed dilated eye exam also sometimes helps in detecting other illnesses. High blood pressure and diabetes is easy to detect through a routine eye exam. Physical illnesses or diseases are also sometimes displayed through vision symptoms.
6. Connected with the detection of other illnesses, a regular dilated eye exam that will detect any other physical illness or disorder means early treatment of other illnesses detected during the exam. If a physical disease is detected by an ophthalmologist, a medical doctor can be concerned for the treatment in order to improve the overall health condition.
7. Since a dilated eye exam provides an in-depth diagnosis, a more accurate prescription will be provided to the patient. With clear symptoms identified, the patient will be able to recover quickly with accurate medication and treatment provided.
8. Dilated eye exams give reassurance. With all the five sense – hearing, sight, smell, touch and taste – working in the best possible manner, an individual can experience life in a much better way.
9. As far as seniors are considered, a good and clear vision means more independence. They will not require a stick to walk, glasses to wear or need anybody to help them cross the road.
10. A dilated eye exam can identify many eye conditions as well as signs of systemic diseases that are usually unnoticed during regular exams with primary care physicians.
While there are some inconveniences associated with dilated eye examination that last only some hours, the advantages clearly outweigh and save you from diseases that can cause you a lifetime. For temporary prescribed glasses or lenses, get a great deal on Focus Dailies All Day Comfort at GetLenses: http://www.getlenses.co.uk/focus-dailies-all-day-comfort.html.
I am SamithJhon a content writer and a Professional Blogger. I am certified with220-801 Exam Questionswhich is very popular these days and have a great scope in the field of IT Certification. I always like to take certification Exam Questions and now I have planned to pass 220-802 Exam Questions. These kinds of Exam Questions could secure your future as well as your job.