India is a cluster of 28 states known for their own culture and traditions. Each state is different from the others depicting truly varied forms of custom, art, folklore, cuisine, etc. Out of those, the largest state of India is Rajasthan. Everyone is familiar with this state as its name says everything, ‘Rajaon ka Sthan’ or ‘Place of King’. Being one of the ancient states of India from the centuries, Rajasthan is known for its rich heritage that it has inherited from the rulers and emperors of that time. It has ability to keep the imprints of its rulers alive till date that are adding an extra charm to this beautiful India.
A fusion of a variety of culture and ethnicity could be seen in the cities of Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Chittorgarh, Bharatpur, Ajmer, Bikaner and others. These cities are filled with plenty of historical monuments and royal kingdoms that have made their place in the hit list of travelers who planning to visit India. But before you plan your tour, it is important for you to know the most memorable things that you could do in Rajasthan.
1) Visit historical monuments: Rajasthan is an abode for ancient historical sites that tempt the onlookers with their awestruck and enigmatic beauty. There are various strings attached to the legends and stories behind these structures. These are Hawa Mahal and Forts of Amber and Nahargarh of Jaipur, Kumbhalgarh Fort in Udaipur, Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, Chittorgarh Fort and many others.
2) Spiritual Locations: Being the ancient state, Rajasthan incorporates many spiritual and religious buildings such as temples, mosques and spiritual shrines. Ranakpur Jain Temples, Dilwara Jain Temples of Mount Abu, Govind Devji Temple of Jaipur, Moti Doongri Ganesha Temple of Jaipur, Ajmer Dargah Sharif as well as Pushkar are known for their sacred beliefs. Rajasthan Tour packages
3) Colorful Markets: Apart from these monuments, markets and bazaars of Rajasthan are also worth visiting. These markets are specialized in the antique work and handicrafts that attracts the tourists the most.
4) Historical Resorts: To enjoy the feel of rich culture and regal palaces, try to visit the historical resorts that give the feeling that you have gone centuries back. This is what Rajasthan is known for. If you’ll miss this, you are going to miss something major.
5) Desert and Camel Safari: Rajasthan is a land of desert with golden sand dunes. Thar Desert is the main attraction of the tourists who love to see the desert. The desert is basically known for the Desert Safari and Camel Safari. The most interesting and enjoyable thing to do in this list is this. You can admire the true spirit and livelihood of Rajasthan that lies in its desert areas like Jaisalmer, Barmer, etc. Rajasthan Holiday Packages
6) Wildlife Sanctuaries: Apart from being the storehouse of ancient relics, Rajasthan also provides the habitat for rare and endangered species of plants and animals that exhibit in the Ranthambore wildlife sanctuary, Sariska national park and Keoladeo-Ghana national park. If you will be lucky enough, then you might be able to spot a Tiger, India’s national animal.
7) Lakes: Rajasthan also offers the beauty of crystalline and serene lakes to its tourists. The Lake City as Udaipur is known is the house of lakes. Pichola Lake, Fateh Sagar Lake, Udai Sagar and Swaroop Sagar Lake are the main lakes of Udaipur.
8) Festivals: Enriched with various cultures and tradition, Rajasthan is a state where fairs and festivals are celebrated with zeal and zest. The spirit of true brotherhood, love and bliss can be seen. So, don’t keep yourself untouched with the beauty of feasts.
9) Food: Rajasthan is the hub of authenticated food delicacies. The main food of Rajasthan is ‘Dal Baati’. You’ll also find the varieties of other cuisines like Mughalai, Continental, etc.
10) Hospitality: If you are in Rajasthan, you can’t let yourself stay away from the hospitality and generosity of the Rajasthanis as they treat their guests as God. Rajasthan Tourism
So, that is all about the splendid and marvelous state of Rajasthan that spell bounds its tourists with its charismatic and everlasting charm. Try to do all these things and make your sojourn to Rajasthan a memorable and unforgettable one.