Parties these days are a dime a dozen—so if you want to throw a memorable one, think outside of the box and incorporate high-end details into your next celebration. After all, your guests have been to some great parties, so going with the usual won’t have much of an impact. Whether you're inviting people over for a birthday, holiday, or milestone like a graduation, focus on these five components to make your party stand out and keep your guests coming back for more.
1. Unusual Location: Rather than having yet another house party or renting out a reception hall, find a unique venue with a bit more character. Even if guests have to drive a little farther, it's worth it to welcome your guests into a lavish location. Consider having your party at a luxurious mountain lodge, a scenic beach overlook or a rooftop patio with a great view.
2. Clever Theme: A party with a creative theme is much more memorable than a generic one, so pick a theme and use it for the decorations and other aspects of the party. Your theme could be a hobby, like horse racing or flying planes, an exotic country or location, or even a completely different era. Whatever you choose, be imaginative and original.
3. Made-to-Order Gourmet Food: Food always feels fancier when someone is putting it together right in front of you, so hire a catering team that can provide made-to-order food throughout the party. Make sure they use specialty ingredients like fancy cheeses, high-quality meats and seafood, and exotic spices.
4. Killer Music: The music is going to drive your party, so make sure you've got a great sound system to play it through. Rent or buy some Yamaha receivers, and make sure your speakers are high-quality as well. Then don't stoop to the level of just using an MP3 player for the music itself. Hire an experienced DJ to get the party started and keep it going strong. His energy will transfer to the guests, ensuring that they have a great time.
5. Planned Lighting: The standard lighting at your party location isn't going to do much to create a party atmosphere, so bring in your own to set the mood and make guests feel like they are somewhere exotic. Lighted water displays can be mesmerizing, candles always help create an elegant mood, and colored lights on the ceiling can transform the look of a whole room.
Taking your party to the next level requires more time and energy, but if you're going to bother throwing a party, you may as well make it an awesome one. Think through each aspect of the party to bring it together into a cohesive event with details that will appeal to all of your guests. And it never hurts to give party favors to remind guests of the event after they leave. Whatever you do, just remember to have fun and enjoy the time spent with your guests.