Health & Beauty:
Nobody loves late-night parties, balls, galas and soirees more than the Luxe Junkie does - couture, dancing, champagne . . . what's not to love? How to guarantee that you'll have a fabulously luxe night? Naturally, by looking fabulous, with these 5 evening beauty essentials!
Evening Essentials: Top 5 Beauty Must-Haves
1. Shu Uemura Smoky Layers False Eyelashes - Shu Uemura's Smoky Layers add a dramatic fringe of luscious lashes that's perfect for achieving that "smoky-eyed" look, without the pitfalls of easily-smudged shadow and eyeliner. Spring for a companion tube of Shu Uemura's lash adhesive - it holds much better than the drugstore brands. Black or dark brown liquid liner, applied sparingly along the seam of the lashes, camouflages and polishes off the look.
2. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel - Tired of seeing shiny, oily spots on your T-zone in event photos? This mattifying gel has long been a secret of models and photographers for a low-shine, soft-focus look that can stand up to glaring spotlights or the hot summer sun. To apply, squeeze out a small quantity about the size of a small pea, rub lightly between fingers, and pat gently over face, concentrating on oil-prone areas. For best results, apply the gel prior to the rest of your normal makeup routine.
3. Biosilk Silk Therapy Leave-In Treatment - Soft, shiny, lustrous-looking locks are a surefire glamour boost! Biosilk's leave-in treatment has a light, pleasant scent and can transform even the most unruly, frizzy hair into soft, touchable tresses. The key is to remember that a little goes a long way - apply sparingly with fingers to ends only.
4. Dior Gloss Show - While tubes of gloss with their convenient applicator wands are perfect for daytime use, nothing beats the rich colour and intense sparkle of the concentrated Gloss Show lip gloss pots. Gloss Show has great staying power and doesn't fade in hours like other glosses. Miraculously, it manages this phenomenal staying power without leaving your lips wet or sticky, which means you spend less time picking errant strands of hair off your lips and more time looking fabulous!
5. Band-Aid Active Friction Block Stick - Even in an haute couture gown and carats of Harry Winston jewels, you can't look fabulous if you're reaching down every three steps to adjust the straps of your Louboutins, or worse yet, hobbling awkwardly about (quelle horreur!!) because you've got a blister on your heel! So whatever else you stuff into your clutch before you run out the door, make room for the conveniently compact Friction Block Stick from Band-Aid. Simply apply to your feet wherever blisters tend to form, and dance the night away!
The Luxe Junkie