Luxury Aircraft: Bombardier proudly announced it's new Global series aircraft the Global 8000 and 7000 at this years NBAA (National Business Aircraft Association) convention.
While Gulfstream strived to keep the weight of their new aircraft under 100,000lbs, which is the weight restriction at Teterboro New Jersey, Bombardier elected to exceed this limit. Teterboro is perhaps one of the most popular destinations for business jets in the world. Some companies simply won't buy a jet that can't land in Teterboro. This was, and still is, a major obstacle for the Boeing BBJ.
The Bombardier Global Express has always been an aircraft with outstanding cabin amenities and stellar performance, so there is no reason to think that these new family members will be anything less.
- Global 8000 business jet achieves a remarkable 7,900 nautical miles at Mach 0.85 with 8 passengers*, and an equally impressive 5,650 nm range at Mach 0.90*.
- length : 50.60 ft (15.42 m) (Between cockpit and aft pressure bulkhead)
- width :8.17 ft (2.49 m) (maximum)
- width : 6.92 ft (2.11 m) (Floorline)
- maximum height :6.25 ft (1.91 m)
- Global 7000 aircraft flies 7,300 nm at Mach 0.85 with 10 passengers*
- length : 59.60 ft (18.17 m) (Between cockpit and aft pressure bulkhead)
- width: 8.17 ft (2.49 m) (Maximum)
- width: 6.92 ft (2.11 m) (Floorline)
- Cabin height : 6.25 ft (1.91 m)
Bombardier is taking orders for these aircraft now. We recommend that you have a professional team of consultants to help. The options in safety-related equipment as well as ascetics could be overwhelming. I recommend having a team of maintenance people, pilots and designers to assist in the contract negotiations and "specking out" of the new aircraft.
Capt. Ivan Klugman
President of Integral Aviation Solutions