Celebrity Chef Shawn McClain’s Sage at ARIA Resort & Casino is hosting an upcoming wine pairing dinner with Hundred Acre on May 24. The five-course menu includes grilled quail and Maine diver scallops and is being created by Chef McClain and Sage Chef de Cuisine Richard Camarota. The special pairings are selected by Sage's Master Sommelier Nick Hetzel, Jayson Woodbridge (vintner and owner of Hundred Acre) and ARIA Director of Wine Kim Wood.
Before the meal begins, guests will be treated to refreshing drinks created by ARIA Mixologist Craig Schoettler. Once it's time to serve dinner, the menu will include:
- Ora King Salmon with avocado puree and pink peppercorn; paired with Layer Cake Chardonnay, Central Coast 2012 and Cherry Pie Stanly Ranch, Carneros 2011.
- Maine Diver Scallops with braised oxtail, wild mushrooms and rapini; paired with IF YOU SEE KAY, Lazio Italy 2011 and Ancient Way Shiraz, Barossa Valley Australia 2005.
- Grilled Quail with onion puree, dates and smoked pearl onions; paired with Hundred Acre Precious Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2010 and Hundred Acre Few and Far Between Cabernet, Napa Valley 2009.
- Braised Veal Cheeks with black garlic, spring beans and bone marrow crostini; paired with Hundred Acre Ark Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2010 and Hundred Acre Kayli Morgan Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2010.
- Milk Chocolate and Earl Gray Panna Cotta with madeleines and blackberries; paired with Hundred Acre Port, 2007.
The all-inclusive tickets cost $225 a person and are obviously only sold to those over 21.