Professional sports franchises gone wild, as all leagues are showing astounding gains in the value of their teams, reports Philadelphia City Biz List.
The Philadelphia Eagles did better financially than on the field in 2013, according to rankings of sports teams compiled by Forbes. The math speaks for itself. This county loves football and is willing to pay no matter the price.The average value of an NFL franchise has increased 284% over the past 14 years. All leagues except for the NHL have seen the value of individual teams increase by more than 200%.
Here’s a list of some of the owners of most valuable sports teams, along with the teams and their value, according to Forbes:
1. Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys): $1.83 billion
2. Kraft Family (New England Patriots): $1.37 billion
3. Dolan Family (New York Knicks and New York Rangers): $1.28 billion
4. Jeffrey Lurie (Philadelphia Eagles): $1.16 billion
7. Steinbrenner Family (New York Yankees): $1.09 billion