August 16, 2012
If even the words ?black bag? are enough to make you hit the snooze button, then consider this your wake-up call. As you know, Fall 2012 is all about going back to black, and while red clutches get my pulse racing, I have to admit these new bags, from your everyday tote to party-time crossbody, are giving color a run for its money.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Cabas Chyc Lizard-Effect Leather Tote: You know and love the chic Cabas Chyc, and now it?s even more sophisticated in dark-as-night off-black with a reptilian effect.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,895.
2. Alaïa Embossed Leather Shoulder Bag: Forget the cutouts of summer and opt for more coverage, yet stay in keeping with Alaïa?s touchably embossed trademark pattern.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,445.
3. Givenchy George V Ball Chain Apron Bag: Bear your cross in a subtle way. Nobody does hardcore luxe like Givenchy and this everyday tote will keep you looking strong.
At Barneys New York for $2,245.
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour Weekender: I?m usually not big on fuzzy-wuzzy bags, but Lim?s is streamlined and playful, a rare combination.
At Barneys New York for $1,450.
5. Miu Miu Studded Crossbody Bag: Chains and studs and metal galore may sound like a whole lot of hardware, but this is a case when there is no such as too much of a good thing.
Read entire article on Bag Snob
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,295.