November 12, 2012
When it comes to the desire for an investment with longevity, Cruise is your best bet. I learned this lesson years ago, when Mr. de la Renta educated me on the importance of Cruise. It is the one collection that stays in the stores the longest (without hitting sale racks) and thus, the most important from a retail standpoint. Perhaps that?s why Cruise-collection bags tend to float seamlessly from month to month?to month. I love it because you can buy now and wear on a regular basis until next fall. December through September: what other season can you say that about?
Here?s what I?m craving for Cruise, from the garden-variety to the†hole-hearted.
1. Alexander McQueen:†The iconic knuckle-duster clutch gets some chinoiserie flavor. Hummingbirds are much prettier to look at than skulls, don't you agree?
2. Anya Hindmarch:†Anya has been creating bags for decades (since she was a grade-schooler, fashioning bags out of paper sacks!), and it shows. Defying trends, her latest bags are timeless (not to mention well-priced).
3. Proenza Schouler PS Clutch:†P.S. I love you! No, I will never tire of my PS11, and now I need this cobalt PS clutch to join my arsenal of Proenza bags.
4. Maiyet:†I'm not known to be one for folksy-flavored bags, but Maiyet's version is polished and sophisticated, not hippie-dippie.
5. Marni:†Continuing to play with perforations, Marni?s mod graphics are youthful ? and somehow feel even fresher than they did the first go-round.
The post Cruising the Cruise Collections: Season?s Greetings appeared first on Bag Snob.
Read entire article on Bag Snob