January 11, 2013
When I saw a Facebook post two days ago about children getting their tongues stuck in metal water bottles, I thought maybe it was a joke article from The Onion or some other site that spoofs the news.
But the investigative health piece was from a Today Show Rossen Report and the story is no laughing matter.
The Rossen Report describes what happened to one girl who got her tongue stuck inside a metal water bottle: It swelled so much it took doctors three hours to remove the bottle using special surgical tools. Had doctors not be able to remove it, the girl could've suffocated or her tongue could've died, requiring it to be surgically removed, rendering her speechless for life.
Further research shows that this has happened to several other children as well.
Read entire article on Consumer Search