January 23, 2013
Who would have guessed that saddle bags would be something to covet? As long as they are not on your ass and instead, hanging from your shoulder, we shall embrace. The saddle bag might have a longstanding history with horses, but these picks aren?t for the whip-wielding cowgirl. Rather, they?re for the modern classicist who embraces a rustic attitude or a smooth shape. Plus, adding embellishments and trim takes them off the ranch and into the city. So saddle up and take yours into the sunset, no beat-up boots or Wranglers required.
1. Ralph Lauren Collection RL Medium Saddle Shoulder Bag: The most authentic is, of course, Ralph Lauren?s original. I am absolutely in love with mine: it?s the easiest bag in my closet and the wear and patina on that leather only gets better with use. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,150.
2. Marni Studded Leather Shoulder Bag: Marni measures up as my second favorite. There isn?t too much going on; it?s just enough to give it a personality that?s not total equine. On Net-a-Porter for $1,760.
3. Jimmy Choo Bon Bon Chain-Embellished Leather Shoulder Bag: This saddle style fits in better on the motorcycle. A quilted shoulder pad and a cornucopia of chains say ?streetwise? to the max. On Net-a-Porter for $1,395.
4. Valextra Romina Bag: A pop of textured leather in rich magenta makes for a unique take. The hue might be flashy but the rest is subdued luxury: Valextra all the way. Exclusively at Barneys New York for $2,050.
5. Alexandra Knight Antelope Bag: The saddle bag to last you the long haul. In alligator, you?ll be grateful this is super-versatile. You can wear it as a shoulder, crossbody, or great, big clutch. At Alexandra Knight on sale for $5,800 (was $7,250). Or get it in ostrich for $2560.
The post Top 5 Saddle Bags: Giddy Up appeared first on Bag Snob.
Read entire article on Bag Snob