April 22, 2013
[Photograph: Carrie Vasios]
Orange zest and honey make a sweet, citrusy background for almond-oat clusters.
About the author: Carrie Vasios is the editor of Serious Eats: Sweets. She likes to peruse her large collection of cookbooks while eating jam from the jar. You can follow her on Twitter @carrievasios
Special equipment: baking sheet, whisk
active time 10 minutes, total time 45 minutes
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest from about 1 large orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Read entire article on Serious Eats
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, stir together oats, almonds, zest and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, honey, and almond extract then pour over the oats and toss to coat.
Spread granola out on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely then break into clusters.