December 31, 1969
Filed under: Ask The GuysOur friends at Mandatory polled a few guys in their office to find out what they thought of the new hot summer trend: High-waisted bathing suits. Here were some of their responses:
So, there you have it. There seems to be a consensus. But can you blame us? If you went to the beach this summer and all of the guys were wearing this:
- "Barf...I don't want my women on the beach looking like they belong in the 1950s"
- "Sometimes there is a big divide between what the fashion world deems hot and what real, everyday people actually like. This is one of those times. If you're willing to wear a bikini in public, just make it a normal one. We don't want to see you in a suit Grandma Betty used to consider skimpy during her college years."
- "I definitely don't like these high-waisted suits."
- "Bathing suit fashion has not progressed only for us to go back to 1960's style of bathing suits. I don't care about other types of clothing. Those can go back to whenever. Lets just stick with normal, modern bikinis from here on out."
- "Yeah those are horrible. It makes even that hot girl look like she has a grandma butt."
- "I would strongly consider leaving the beach forever if women started wearing those. High-waisted anything looks terrible, but even just seeing a picture of that would make me skip the beach entirely."
- "I think that's something girls would like way more than guys would like to see on girls. It really is kind of unflattering and I assume not incredibly functional. I don't exactly have a lot of good things to say, but I guess the positive would be that a girl can be assured to be the only one wearing it on the beach. So it's...unique?"
- "I know "The Great Gatsby" is coming out and everyone is all excited about it, but lets leave all the clothes from that era for the movie. I personally am not a fan. Speaking for the ladies - Won't the high-waisted bottoms leave really awkward tan lines? Girls will not be able to wear those shirts that show off their belly buttons because of the tan line.??
Would you enjoy it? And while we're on the subject of beach attire, you'll probably want to stay away from any of these.
Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments
Read entire article on Stylelist