May 13, 2013
[Photograph: Carrie Vasios]
These savory mini muffins use both corn meal and whole corn kernels, plus dill for an herbal kick.
About the author: Carrie Vasios is the editor of Serious Eats: Sweets. She likes to peruse her large collection of cookbooks while eating jam from the jar. You can follow her on Twitter @carrievasios
Special equipment: 24 cup mini muffin tin
serves makes about 2 dozen mini muffins, active time 10 minutes, total time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup medium ground corn meal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, not thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
Read entire article on Serious Eats
Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin cups with butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt, and pepper; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter, egg, and sour cream until evenly combined. Stir in dill. Add dry ingredients and mix until batter comes together. Fold in corn kernels.
Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden on top and a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, 10-12 minutes.