Located in a small square near the Pila Gate and Franciscan
Monastery, this large fountain was built in 1438 by the famous
Italian architect from Naples, Onofrio della Cava. After sustaining
severe damage in a 1667 earthquake, the fountain was repaired and
features 16 masked faces, known as 'maskeroni', which supplied
water via an aqueduct. This construction was a masterpiece of that
time. A smaller Onofrio's fountain located on the opposite side of
the Stradun supplied water to the marketplace on Lu~a Square.