St. Michaelis began as a humble church, which was extended in
1600. In 1647 construction began on the grand building that stands
today. Like many important buildings in Germany, the church
suffered major damage in World War II.
offers tours of the 270-foot (82m) tower;
the crypt, which contains the bodies of Johann Mattheson and Carl
Philipp Emanuel Bach; and there is also an interesting presentation
on the history of Hamburg.
Address: Englische Planke 1a Postal Code: 20459 Website: www.st-michaelis.de Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: (040) 376 78-0 Opening Time: November to April 10am-5:30pm; May to October
Travel guide by (c) Globe Media Ltd. By its very nature much of the information in this travel guide is subject to change at short notice and travellers are urged to verify information on which they're relying with the relevant authorities. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to any person as a result of information contained above.