Located along Pasir Panjang Road, Haw Par Villa was previously
known as Tiger Balm Gardens and subsequently renamed after its
original owners. The Aw brothers, Boon Haw and Boon Par (who made
their fortune from the well-known Tiger Balm ointment) opened the
park in 1937. It is inspired by Chinese legend and mythology as
represented by the display of grotesque and gaudy statues, the coup
de grâce of which are depicted in The Ten Courts of Hell.
Address: 262 Pasir Panjang Road Email: email@example.com Telephone: 6872 2780 Transportation: To get there take by MRT to the Buona Vista stop (W7);
by bus SBS No.10, 30 or 188 from the World Trade Centre, No. 143
from Orchard Road or No. 51 from Chinatown Opening Time: Daily 9am to 7pm Admission: Free
Travel guide by (c) Globe Media Ltd. By its very nature much of the information in this travel guide is subject to change at short notice and travellers are urged to verify information on which they're relying with the relevant authorities. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to any person as a result of information contained above.