In a morbid yet fascinatingly macabre turn of events, Edward Archibold, an Orlando resident, died in West Palm Beach in a sickening, tragic, but almost comically unthinkable manner: suffocation resulting from massive quantities of cockroaches he had eaten during a contest. As ways of passing go, it was a gruesome demise and his fateful end has been scorched into the minds of those close to him (and anyone who heard about it at all... sorry).
Edward Archibold, 32, of West Palm Beach, died as a result of suffocation after winning a rather gruesome contest. Challenged to eat works and cockroaches, Archbold did his best and won a coveted prize, an ivory ball python.
The contest was a publicity stunt for the Ben Siegel Reptile Store.
The prize was intended for a friend; however he never had the chance to give it away.