1440 Moss St.
New Orleans, LA 70119
French nobleman James Pitot was the first post-incorporation mayor of New Orleans, and his 18th-century Creole colonial plantation is now a museum that serves as headquarters for the Louisiana Landmark Society. The house was rescued from demolition in the 1960s and restored to its original appearance.
The home is furnished with American antiques from Pitot's era, and guests will enjoy touring the inside, as well as the parlor garden in the rear filled with native plant species and many crops that flourished here during its time as a plantation.