300 North Latch's Lane
Merion, PA 19066
The Barnes Foundation was established by Albert C. Barnes in 1922 to "promote the advancement of education and the appreciation of the fine arts." Located in a gorgeous twelve-acre arboretum, the Foundation is home to one of the world's largest collections of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and early Modern paintings, with extensive holdings by Picasso, Matisse, CÚzanne, Renoir and Modigliani, as well as important examples of African sculpture.
The Gallery and Arboretum are open to the public (reservations are required), and courses in aesthetics and horticulture are available through the education department.