Resorts: When it comes to matters of prominence, elegance, and decadence, Badrutt's Palace of St. Moritz is the quintessential all-seasons resort of the Engadine/St. Moritz area. It is among the most prestigious hotels around the world. Although the hotel officially opened in 1896, the Badrutt's family role in St. Moritz developing in to one of the ultimate European ski resorts dates back to 1865. This is when Johannes Badrutt built the first alpine-sports attractions, a toboggan run and curling rinks. The thrilling attraction was the debut of alpine-sports attraction. English tourists flocked to St. Moritz. It was only the beginning.
The hotel has been fully remodeled and expanded, including the addition of new suites and an upgraded ski shop. There are seven restaurants, four bars, and two members-only private clubs. There is a full-service spa and a gym as well as private pool decks on the premises. Butler service is available for all rooms. The shopping arcade, the Palace Galerie, includes Bulgari, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Chanel, Bottega Veneta, and more (many more!).
Winter activities for guests include skiing and a natural ice rink. There are nine different skiing areas with up to 88 runs spread over 350 kilometers of slopes from which to choose. Horseback riding, mountain climbing, biking, and sailing are available in the summer. Additionally, there are tennis courts and two 18-hole golf courses nearby.
In 2006 the Palace celebrated its 110th anniversary. The following year the progressive establishment developed an eco-friendly heating system, whereby the hotel is heated by recycled water from the St. Moritz Lake. The hotel received the 2007 Swiss Mountain Water Award for its ecological efforts. The 2006 World Travel Awards named Badrutt's the best ski resort in Switzerland, the best ski resort Europe, and the best ski resort in the entire world. It also is on the 2008 Cond√© Nast Traveler Gold List, and many other associations' lists of excellence.
There is never any damper on the pampering received by guests of Badrutt's Palace of St. Moritz.
For LxM James Rothaar