Photo Courtesy of Brian Dandro | ArtBar
This recipe for Lobster Corn Dogs is definitely different from the standard Corn Dogs we ate as a kid. Sent to us from Brian Dandro (Executive Chef at the Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston, including the hotel's intimate restaurant ArtBar), this unique seafood recipe is definitely going to impress at any end-of-summer gatherings.
- Cooked lobster meat; preferably the tail of a 1 ? pound lobster cut into 4 long pieces
- Corn Dog Batter (recipe to follow)
- 2 oz creamy mustard dip (recipe to Follow)
- Your favorite Pickles
- 4 Bamboo tooth picks
- ? gallon Peanut oil to fry
Heat up the Peanut oil in a heavy pot or deep fat fryer to 350.
Dip the lobster pieces in the batter, covering completely.
Carefully place lobster in oil and fry 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from fryer with tongs or a slotted spoon and rest on paper towel for 30 seconds.
Sick one end with the toothpicks and serve with Mustard dip and pickles.
Mustard Dip Ingredients & Directions:
- 1/2 cup whole grain Dijon
- 1/4 cup regular Dijon
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T minced tarragon
Whisk well and season with salt and pepper.
Corn Dog Batter Ingredients & Directions:
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
Mix all the dry ingredients first. Slowly add buttermilk until the batter comes together.
Let rest 10 minutes.