Good idea for those who want to create a certain kind of ambience in their homes is to start using candles in order to achieve what they want. If you want to enhance your place without having to shell out a substantial amount of money, then it is time that you look for candle decoration ideas that are easy to follow.
Candle Light Fixtures
Instead of using the usual chandeliers and sconces, you can use candles to lighten up any part of your home. Chandeliers and sconces are known to be costly so you will be able to save a lot of money by making your own candle chandeliers and sconces. Below are some ideas:
• Use French chandeliers that hold candles instead of bulbs.
• Place a square candle chandelier over a round dining table for a contemporary, contrasting look.
• For long, rectangular dining tables, hang over it a long wooden plank, parallel to the table. Accentuate it with 25 to 30 fat, stable candles but with different heights.
• For square dining tables, also use square wooden planks to hold the candles. In this case, try to align the heights and the distribution of the candles evenly to create a serene look.
• Place candle sconces near bathroom mirrors in order to cast dramatic lighting on your face.
• You can also place Victorian inspired candle sconces on the walls of your home for a touch of elegance.
Candles as Centerpieces
You can also use candles as affordable centerpieces. Here are some ideas:
• Group three large candles with various heights.
• Use candlesticks on dining tables for added elegance.
• Group several candle holders with different sizes for a compelling visual.
• Use contrasting colors. If you have a dark table, use white candles or candle holders.
Candles on the Fireplace
You can also place candles on or around the fireplace for added warmth. It is also a great way to emphasize the fireplace as the focal point. Below are some ideas:
• If you want to elongate your fireplace and living room in general, use two tall candles or candlesticks on opposite sides of the fireplace counter.
• Christmas is the best time of the year to place candles on your fireplace. Be as festive as you want to be.
• If you have a monochromatic fireplace, use candles with different colors for an added pizazz.
• For those who have faux fireplaces, use candles instead of the usual crackling fire.
• Place a row of candles in front of a low mirror. It will double the intensity of the candlelight.
There are so many ways of using candles that your options are almost limitless. Below are additional ideas on how you can use candles in the outdoors:
• Use a hanging candle lantern above seating areas.
• Instead of porch lights, surround yourself with candles while relaxing on the porch.
• Place floating candles on a bowl of water. This is a very convenient way of creating attractive centerpieces for parties.
• Use luminaries powered by candles and line them up on the walkway.
• A single candle or candle lantern can magically turn a boring backyard into a mystical place.
There are many more solutions for decorating your home with candles and candle making materials and with a little touch of imagination, it is possible to come up with unique decorating ideas.
For more luxury home decor.