Rajasthan - The princely state of India is a sought-after travel destination amidst the tourists wanting to explore the rich heritage of India. Rajasthan is dotted with various tourist attractions that are praised for their historic significance. The palaces, forts and temples are outstanding examples of Mughal and Rajput style of architecture.
Apart from structures, the colorful & vibrant lifestyle of locals has also attracted tourists from far off places. The state has an inevitable element of royalty and romantic charm that altogether makes it a different world to travel. Here is a rundown of the major attractions of Rajasthan that are worth visiting and creating memories for a lifetime:
Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan, is popularly known as the Pink City. The city has been an important part in the history of India, and thus, are dotted with numerous historical monuments. These structures reflect architectural excellence and brave story of mighty Rajas (kings) of Rajasthan. Some of the popular attractions of the city are:
· City Palace of Jaipur- The palace together with the Mubarak Mahal and Chandra Mahal makes a very impressive palace complex in India. The palace is built according to the Indo-Saracenic style of architecture.
· Hawa Mahal- An impressive 5-storey building is praised for its unique style of architecture. There are 963 windows (jharokhas) on the honeycomb façade and the structure is designed like a crown of Lord Krishna.
· Amber (Amer) Fort & Palace- The palace complex paints a magnificent picture of the past. Some of the major attractions of the fort are Diwan-e-Khas, Diwan-e-Aam, Sukh Niwas, and Sheesh Mahal. The traditional light & sound show in the evening is also a major attraction.
· Jantar Mantar- Housing an array of architectural astronomical instruments, Jantar Mantar is one of a UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. Along with World’s largest Sundial, one could also find 14 prime geometric devices.
· Albert Hall Museum- Built according to the Indo-Saracenic style of architecture, the museum houses an exquisite collection of royal costumes, carpets, armor, sculptures, weapons, paintings, etc.
· Jal Mahal- Constructed in the middle of Man Sagar Lake, the Jal Mahal is a must visit in Jaipur. The palace has a beautiful Aravallis in the backdrop and various renovations have been made to make it a popular tourist attraction in Jaipur. The Nahargarh Fort, located in proximity to the palace provides a beautiful aerial view of the lake.
Udaipur, the city of lakes, is one of the popular travel destinations in Rajasthan. The city is popular for its Rajput-era palaces and rich history, culture and picturesque locations. Here are some of the major attractions of the city that attract tourists from all across the globe to visit Udaipur:
· Jain Temple- With 1444 marble pillars, the temple is praised for its architectural brilliance. Single rock carving with 108 snake heads is also an attractive feature of the temple.
· City Palace of Udaipur- Located on the Pichola Lake, the palace is praised for its amazing architecture and grandeur. The picturesque location has also attracted tourists from all round the globe.
· Kumbhalgarh Fort- The fort is one of the major attractions of Udaipur as it houses 360 temples. From the top of the fort, the view of the surrounding is mesmerizing due to the sand dunes of the Thar Desert and Aravalli Range.
· Lake Pichola- This is an artificial lake, constructed in 1362 AD. The lake is praised for its phenomenal view that is enhanced by the four islands namely Jag Niwas, Mohan Mandir, Jag Mandir, and Arsi Vilas.
· Fateh Prakash Palace- This is a part of City Palace Complex and was constructed Maharana Fateh Singh. After renovation, the palace has been transformed into a heritage property. The additional wings are used for organizing corporate seminars and private functions.
Apart from Jaipur and Udaipur, there are travel destinations in Rajasthan that are sought-after by tourists wanting to explore the vibrant lifestyle and rich culture of the state. In Jodhpur, there is Mehrangarh Fort, which is the greatest fort in India. There also is a museum that showcases royal palanquins, royal costumes, paintings, etc. Thereafter, Jaisalmer is also popular for Sam Sand Dunes, Chittorgarh for its Fort, Mount Abu for Dilwara Jain Temples, Ajmer for Dargah Shariff, Pushkar for the Lake and fair. Rajasthan is also praised for its rich flora and fauna that visitors could see at Sawai Madhopur in Ranthambore National Park. This is a paradise for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
Amer Fort India