Delivering food and meals at home is in itself a very responsible work for any meal delivery service, but providing daily meals for renal patients is the work that requires utmost understanding and care. This is because the renal diet meal delivery service has to conform to the prescribed diet of the doctor and this may vary from patient to patient according to the severity of the disease.
What Is Renal Diet?
When a patient is diagnosed with a failure or improper functioning of the kidney, then the patient is usually offered a renal diet. This diet is for kidney diseases and it must be remembered that a renal diet is the part of the treatment of a kidney disease and hence its importance is all the more significant.
Essentials of Renal Diet
Whether be meals for the elderly or youth affected with a renal disease there are some essential nutrients whose use should be controlled. The intention mainly is to avoid liquid items as this may force the idney to work more and this can be fatal. Hence the essential nutrients whose intake should be controlled in the diet are:
Planning a Renal Meal
Follow the following controlled use of food items. This chart based on the condition of the renal patient should be delivered to renal diet meal delivery services so that they could deliver food without any complication.
· Check the intake of phosphorous containing foods like dairy and poultry products, fish and meat. On the other hand all kinds of beans, dark cereals and grains and sodas that are high in phosphorous content should be completely cut out from the diet.
· Bananas, oranges, avocadoes, beans, lentils, tomatoes, peas, milk, chocolate-all these are high in potassium and should be avoided with strictness.
· For deciding the meals for elderly who are affected with renal diseases specially, do not go for any sodium products specially salt. Besides avoid pickles, refrigerated food, canner and tinned food and instant readymade meals as they have high amount of salt in them.
· Controlling the intake of fluids is important as keeping the kidney out of frequent use is the chief way to recover renal problems. Thus besides water, tea, coffee, soups, cold drinks and others fruits rich in water content like oranges, lemon, water melon should be strictly restricted from the diet.
Things To Check At Renal Diet Meal Delivery
· Make sure that the food that comes is fresh and is not frozen or refrigerated as such items can be detrimental for the patient.
· The packaging should be clean and tidy. This makes the patient more inclined for the food.
· Beyond the food restriction there are quite a few delicacies that can be prepared for the meal. So enquire about it so that there be no monotony in the daily meals.
Hi! I am Tina Morgan.. Being a nurse myself in New Jersey, I have observed that a good renal diet meal deliveryservice is one that includes a good range of meals for elderly as well and this is a mark of their credentials.