India is a vast country with a history dating back to 5000 years. Over these glorious years, the country with its absorptive nature and tolerant approach accumulated a vast wealth of different religions, customs, cultures, sects and history. The traces of this grand epic are still visible through the heritage of historical monuments, forts, palaces, tombs, sculptures, cave complexes, ancient ruins, pillars, stupas, rock reliefs, gateways, temples, memorials and many more.
If we flip the pages of history, we will find that the immense wealth of incredible India attracted many emperors from the world, witnessed their rise and fall and adapted to their traditions, cultures, religions and beliefs. All these events during the course of time made Indian culture a rich and colorful collage of human existence.
These different chapters and important incidents of Indian History can be explored through the Historical Tours India. These tours give the traveler an important insight to witness, study and marvel the ancient achievements in the form of antique monuments and great cultural heritage.
In fact, only India in the world serves a tourist with a wide range of magnificent historical destinations resting on its landscape. Some of these historical sites are even listed as World Heritage Sites due to their cultural and architectural brilliance. It will be an amazing experience to see the classical monuments, still standing tall and narrating the glory of bygone times. Here are some of the classic destinations in India that should be explored during Historical Tours India -
1. Taj Mahal – A crown of Indian architectural excellence, Taj Mahal is one of the first destinations that must be visited while exploring the country. It is the most famous tribute of love from a king to his deceased wife. Made out of white makrana marble, the tomb is often referred to as a jewel of Indo-Islamic architecture. The famous pietra-dura work, calligraphic Koranic inscriptions and intricate carvings add on to the beauty of Taj.
2. Fatehpur Sikri – The first planned city of Mughals, Fatehpur Sikri was constructed by Akbar the Great as a tribute to Shaikh Salim Chisti, a Sufi saint who predicted the birth of Prince Jahangir. The emperor himself took a deep interest while constructing the palace city and culminated Persian influences with Hindu and Jain architecture during the erection. Buland Darwaza, Jama Masjid, Tomb of Salim Chisti, Diwan-e-Aam and Diwan-e-Khaas are the must visit attractions in Fatehpur Sikri.
3. Hawa Mahal- While looking at the bee-hive placement of 953 windows visible in Hawa Mahal, you might wonder about how this gigantic structure is standing. But that is the architectural brilliance of this structure. The lattice used in this ‘palace of breeze’ reveal another aspect of Indian lifestyle prevalent during those times. The windows in this women's chamber allowed royal ladies to observe everyday life on the street without being seen since they had to follow ‘purdah’ strictly.
4. Varanasi – The ghats of Varanasi lining the lifeline of India, River Ganges, also form a great mystic experience during a Historical Tour of India. The city, steeped in culture and traditions, is the living example of the oldest continuing city in the world.
5. Khajuraho Dance festival Tour – The temples of Khajuraho depict the strongest manifestation of desires through their intricate carvings. The erotic sculptures on the outer walls, pillars and ceiling of the temples depict scenes of nymphs involved in the passionate act. Carved brilliantly over the span of 100 years, the set of Hindu and Jain Temple complex depicts the creative vision of ancestors, which was truly ahead of the times.
A tour of these ancient sites is an ultimate discovery of the Golden Bird called India and its magnificent past. One just has to Go for India and discover the scintillating legacy and quaint charm of magnificent Indian monuments and architecture.