Getting married is something that most little girls dream about their entire lives. There is something magical and romantic at the mere thought of a handsome man getting down on one knee to look up at you and ask you to be his wife. Fantasies of diamond rings are pretty good also!
The setting for getting engaged is just as important as the presentation. Since your future husband has likely gone to great lengths shopping for engagement rings and finding the perfect one for his future bride, he’ll probably want to find the most romantic location to propose you as well.
Here is a list of the five most romantic overseas locations to get engaged:
- Venice, Italy: A gondola ride down the canals in Venice is breathtaking. Proposing here would certainly be romantic and memorable. To make the proposal even more romantic, ensure that your gondola ride is private and away from the busier section, which is the Grand Canal. Back canal gondola rides can be arranged as well. The typical gondola ride in Venice is 40 minutes, which gives you plenty of time.
- Bali: Bali is an island that is located in Southeast Asia. The view overlooking the Indian Ocean resembles a painting that you once saw in an art gallery. The island is warm all year round with temperatures ranging from the mid-80s to 90 degrees. Traveling to the far end of the beach underneath your umbrella is the perfect place to pop the question. Getting up early in the morning before the sun rises is a great way to start the day. Waiting until the sun begins to set is also a romantic time of day to ask this important question.
- Lima, Peru: El Parque del Amor, or the Love Park, in Lima, Peru has a statue in the middle of the park of two lovers locked in a loving embrace. This park is a popular walking area for lovers, whom you will often see snuggling or kissing. The Love Park is made more romantic due to its location on the cliffs of Chorrillo’s, which overlooks the blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. The lovers who live in the area of the Love Park often hold competitions to see who can kiss the longest under the statue, which was sculpted by Victor Delfin and named “El Beso.”A proposal made while standing in front of the statue would definitely be romantic.
- Verona, Italy: Do you remember the story of Romeo and Juliet? Romeo wooed the lovely Juliet while she stood on the balcony of her home in Verona, Italy. Getting engaged here would always remind you of your own Romeo and Juliet relationship, except that yours will hopefully have a much happier ending. Many couples also choose to be married here.
- Paris, France: Experience the magic and splendor of Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower with your future life companion. The view from here will leave you both awestruck. Topping off the view with the proposal you’ve both been dreaming of will only make the memory even more wondrous.
An engagement proposal comes once in a lifetime. Make yours memorable and do it up in a big way that will not be forgotten.