Every woman’s wardrobe should consist of a few necessary wardrobe pieces to allow them to get through any season and trend.
A woman’s wardrobe should consist of plenty of classic staples as well as a few fun items to create the perfect combination of outfits appropriate for any occasion. When you focus on stocking your closet with the right staple items, they will carry you through year after year. This will give you room in your budget for a few trendy items each season, to allow you to have the best of both worlds.
What is a Wardrobe Staple?
There are several items of clothing that should be found in every woman’s closet because of their versatility, ability to carry you through several years and their quality to withstand the test of time. These clothing items can be worn several ways, in several seasons and look completely different simply by changing out a few accessories:
· Denim – You should have at least one pair of jeans that you absolutely love and can wear either dressy or casual. They will be an important part of your clothing choices in almost any season for semi-dressy and casual wear.
· White Button Down Shirt –The white button down shirt can be worn casual with jeans, dressy with a pencil skirt or layered with your favorite cardigan or blazer. This blouse allows you to make numerous outfits out of one shirt!
· Layering Pieces – Blazers, cardigans and denim jackets are all perfect layering pieces that should be found in your wardrobe. They can take on many different looks by changing the shirt underneath, adding a fashion scarf or changing the accessories.
· Versatile dresses and skirts – A little black dress and knee-length skirts in varying neutral colors, such as black, blue or brown can match with a variety of items and can be worn to work, out for the evening or to a cocktail party.
· Black Pants – Pants that can be worn casual or dressy and with a variety of shoes are essential and black pants that fit just right are the perfect answer to that need.
· Classic Women’s Parka – Every woman needs aclassic womens parka; the type that can be worn with any outfit, whether dressy or casual.
· Black Pumps – The right pair of black pumps can be worn with jeans, black pants, skirts or your little black dress, giving you plenty of wear out of one pair of shoes!
Shopping for Women’s Staples
When you shop for the right women’s clothing staples for your closet, you have a variety of options. You can shop in store or you may choose to buy women’s apparel online. You can shop anywhere you like to shop with the following guidelines in mind.
· High Quality – Women’s wardrobe staples are meant to be used over and over again, which means that the higher quality you choose, the longer it will last. When you buy quality pieces, you typically only have to invest in these important pieces every few years. This allows you to have room in your budget for trendier, less expensive pieces at other times.
· Keep it Neutral – It can be very tempting to purchase the above clothing items in the season’s latest colors, but the chances of you being able to wear them the following year is very slim. In addition, the trendy colors do not likely match with a variety of other colors, which limits your use of your wardrobe staples. When you choose black, brown, gray, beige, cream or white, you will have a much easier time matching your clothing items to a variety of other items in your closet.
· Keep it Classic – Try to steer clear of the trendy pieces, whether you are shopping online or in store until you have your closet stocked with all of the essential classic pieces that will carry you through the next few years.
If your wardrobe does not contain the traditional wardrobe staples, it might be time to start stocking up. Give yourself plenty of versatility in your wardrobe by stocking your closet full of the important staples. When you focus on the neutral and classic pieces, you can mix and match quite a bit in order to give yourself a large variety of clothing items to choose from without having to spend a fortune on your clothing.