While anxiously awaiting the name of His Royal Highness, the Prince of Cambridge, we just had
to go over all the designers we wanted to see the sweet little bundle of joy in. Although his name will most likely not be as “creative” as some celebrity names, (such as Apple, Pilot Inspektor, Audio Science, or Banjo) he will most definitely dress better. With his mother so fashionably aware and his father always looking dapper in his suits, he’s sure to be the most stylishly dressed baby in the kingdom.
- The long running British fashion house has some of the sweetest tartan trimmed onesies and shoes fit for a (future) king. Some of their sets include little hats with checked baby bibs and everything comes in a pale blue, pink or white color. When the winter comes their quilted duffle oversuit is going to keep the little prince warm in style. With signature tartan lining and toggle closures His Royal Highness will look as stylish as his mother does in coats.
- Dior has an entire line of babywear for boys, girls and newborns. Being so inspired by the birth of the royal baby they may create an entire line designed with his little majesty in mind, a representative told WWD
. The pastel blues, layered cardigans and shirts are a perfect way for a royal to spend his first autumn.
- While the royal baby is third in line to the throne after his grandfather Charles, Prince of Wales and his father Prince William, Duke of Cambridge; first he gets to be a kid. Ralph Lauren has a great baby line ranging from colorful swim trunks and polos to sport coats and cashmere sleep suits. For baby’s first day at the beach plaid shorts and tiny fisherman sandals would be the perfect look.
- Practically British royalty herself, Stella McCartney brings eclectic and rock-n-roll style to her kids collection. With mice on motorcycles, fun prints of animals, and lots of bold, bright color, the little prince will unknowingly make a huge fashion statement. The kids collection also includes simple but fun onesies so even when he’s sleeping in his pram he’s looking good.
- With a long running children collection, Gucci has sophistication for babies down pat. Button down cardigans made of cable knit and wool cardigans detailed with embroidered logos give this collection a very grown-up appeal. When the fall chill hits the United Kingdom these little sweaters will be perfect for royal refinement.
Oscar de la Renta
- There is a little sailor suit. Need I say more? For the preppiest of style for a new bouncing baby boy, these checkered button downs and striped pullovers are too cute for words. Leather moccasins and plaid rompers will give him a classic schoolboy appeal before he’s even old enough to enter kindergarten.
Tartine et Chocolat
- This French designer label has some of the softest looking garments in any child collection. Their baby line includes footed sleep suits with little bears and snaps; every baby item has bows, buttons, or frills making this brand so adorably loveable. Kate and William will never want to put their little prince down when he’s donned in these soft jersey hats and sleepwear.