Since we've already shared some great Halloween decorating tips with you, we will now share some unique cocktail recipes that keep with the spooky theme. After all, if you're throwing a party, your dressed-up guests will need a variety of drinks to sip. Maybe the lonely Rob Stark in the corner can have a Red Wedding drink, while the hipster vampire unsuccessfully hitting on your friend can mix up a Vampire's Kiss. With so many options, we're willing to bet there will be something for everyone!
Children of the Thorn Punch
- 1 bottle Thorny Rose Red Blend
- 16 oz fresh brewed black tea
- 8 oz Cognac
- 1 orange and 2 lemons cut into half moons
- 3 organic plums cut into half moons
Combine all ingredients and chill overnight. Serve in a large punch bowl with club soda. (See above.)
The Red Wedding
- 1 1⁄2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
- 1⁄2 part Honey Syrup
- 1⁄2 part Ginger
- 4 parts Pinot Noir or Merlot
- Cinnamon and Grated Nutmeg for garnish
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass over ice. Stir and garnish with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 2 oz. SKYY Infusions Blood Orange
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Peach Puree
- 1/2 oz. Hibiscus Juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- 3 Raspberries
- Raspberries for garnish
Muddle Raspberries on the bottom of a rocks glass, then add ice. Shake all ingredients, except hibiscus, together in a shaker. Pour over ice and raspberries. Add hibiscus juice to "bleed" through cocktail.
Blood Sucker Cocktail
- 2 oz. Vikingfjord Vodka
- 2 oz. Blood Orange Juice
- 1 oz. Champagne / Dry Prosecco
- .5 oz. Aperol
Press two blood orange slices into bottom of wine glass. Add 1/3 full of crushed ice. Add blood orange juice, Aperol and Vikingfjord vodka. Fill another 1/3 with crushed ice. Add champagne. Top with crushed ice, add straw.
Ole Smoky Full Moon “Shine”
Blend Equal Parts
- Ole Smoky® Blackberry Moonshine
- Ole Smoky® White Lightnin’ Moonshine
- Ole Smoky® Apple Pie Moonshine
- Ole Smoky® Peach Moonshine
With 3 Parts Sour Mix
Devil in Disguise
Created by Micaela Piccolo
- 2 oz. Cabo Diablo
- 3/4 oz. cherry liqueur
Build in a mixing glass, add ice and stir. For garnish, add a colored salt rim.
- 1.5 oz Midori
- 1oz SKYY INFUSIONS BLOOD ORANGE
- 2oz Pineapple
- 1/2oz Cream
Shake all ingredients except grenadine. Strain over ice. Drizzle grenadine to create “bleeding” effect.
- 1.5 oz. Vanilla flavored vodka
- 3.5 oz. Orange Mango Sparkling ICE
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve with candy corn and orange peel.
- 2.5 oz. Inniskillin Cab Franc
- .75 oz. rye whiskey
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Rocks glass with one large ice cube
Spooky ghost marshmallow
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice, stir until cold, strain over one large ice cube into a rocks glass and garnish.
- 2 oz. Cabo Diablo
- 4 oz. Orange Juice
Build over ice in a hi-ball
- 2 oz. Inniskillin Vidal
- 1 oz. gin
- Top with soda
Glassware: Highball with pellet ice
Garnish: Pumpkin candy corn and marshmallow pumpkins
Directions: Combine all ingredients except the soda in a mixing glass, add ice, shake, strain into a highball glass, top with soda and garnish.
- 1 oz. SKYY Infusions Blood Orange
- 1 oz. SKYY Infusions Moscato Grape
- 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1/4 oz. Creme de Cacao
- 1/4 oz. Cassis
- Grenadine and Rimming Sugar for garnish
Run rim of beaker through grenadine then through sugar. Shake all ingredients except cassis. Pour into beaker and pour cassis through drink so it layers on the bottom of the glass.
The Otesaga Spookytini
- 2 oz. Stoli Gala Apple
- 1 1/2 oz. Ginger beer
- Dash of cherry juice
- Garnish: Cherry stuffed lychee nut, soaked in ginger brandy
Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and serve in a Martini glass. Garnish with a cherry stuffed lychee “eyeball.”