The Çırağan Luxury Sahlep' is one pricey drink, costing $680 per glass, and until now you've only been able to get it at the Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul. Traditionally, Sahlep' is a warm drink made from a rare ingredient found in the tubers of orchids, and this drink ups the ante with premium Remy Martin Louis XIII Cognac, Tahitian vanilla and Turkish honey. If you want it to be legit, don't forget to garnish it with real gold!
The Çırağan Luxury Sahlep'
- 5 ounces traditional Turkish Sahlep' from orchid tuber (ground up)
- 1 1/3 ounces cognac, Louis XIII
- .65 ounce chocolate liqueur (made with 80 percent cocoa with a dark vintage rum)
- Drizzle of liquid Turkish honey (artisanal honey from organic Turkish farm)
- Garnish with Tahitian vanilla and gold leaves
Build up the cocktail in a large cognac glass and add the cognac over the back of a bar spoon, spice with Tahiti vanilla and garnish with gold leaves. Serve warm!