Photo Courtesy of World Economic Forum/Wikimedia
In order by rank, the listed individuals and their countries of residence were ranked by their net worth in US $ billion.
- Aliko Mohammed Dangote, Nigeria 17
- Nassef Onsi Najib Sawiris, Egypt 8
- Naguib Onsi Najib Sawiris, Egypt 7.3
- Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, Tunisia 7
- Michael Adeniyi Isola Adenuga, Nigeria 6.8
In 1977, Dangote started a small trading firm which is now Nigeria’s largest conglomerate and a major supplier to the country’s soft drink companies, breweries and confectionaries. His company, Dangote Group, effectively leads its sugar market.