As an avid lover of films, I couldn’t be more excited about this trip — even to the point of considering how a three-month sabbatical from work would be feasible (it’s not). VeryFirstTo.com’s exclusive World’s Most Famous Film Locations – In One Blockbuster Trip is one of those adventures that will have travel enthusiasts immediately reaching for their credit cards.
Over the span of three months, with stops in 10 countries, the trip will take couples to 20 of the most iconic film locations around the world for approximately USD $272,000. With the help of private tour guides, you’ll be able to relive moments from your favorite movies. Search for your mysterious admirer in Montmartre, Paris, France (Amélie); go on a hunt for Bill Murray at the Park Hyatt Tokyo’s bar (Lost in Translation); or merely yell, “FREEDOM!”on the hills of Glen Coe, Scotland (Braveheart).
In partnership with Unmissable®, a luxury travel company, the package includes round-trip business class flights, airport transfers, guided tours, world-class accommodations like Hotel Bel Air (Los Angeles); Mandarin Oriental (Tokyo); Gleneagles (Scotland); and Four Seasons Hotel George V (Paris).
Around USD $1,347 will be donated to the Prince’s Trust for each trip purchased. The organization addresses youth crime in the U.K. by giving practical and financial support to youth, and helps them develop key skills, confidence and motivation to move into work, education or training. Bookings can be made through VeryFirstTo.com.
The Complete List of Films/Locations
- When Harry Met Sally, Katz’s Deli, New York, USA
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Tiffany’s, New York, USA
- The Graduate, United Methodist Church of La Verne, California, USA
- Alcatraz, San Francisco, USA
- The Italian Job, Church of Gran Madre Di Dio, Turin, Italy
- La Dolce Vita, The Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy
- The Motorcycle Diaries, Maccu Pichu, Peru
- Laurence of Arabia, Wadi Rum Desert, Jordan
- Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, Petra, Jordan
- The Beach, Ko Phi Phi Leh, Thailand
- Notting Hill, Bookshop, Notting Hill, London, UK
- Braveheart, Glen Coe, Scotland, UK
- Amélie, the apartment, Montmartre, Paris, France
- Last Tango in Paris, the apartment, Paris, France
- Lost in Translation, Park Hyatt Hotel, Tokyo, Japan
- The Last Samaurai, Imperial Palace, Kyoto, Japan
- Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Wudang Monastery, Wudang, China
- The Last Emperor, Forbidden City, Beijing, China
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Lassaters Casino, Alice Springs, Australia
- The Matrix, Fake Metropilis, Sydney, Australia
Most likely this will be a pilgrimage you’ll never forget and one to brag about for years. As Morpheus once said, “I'm trying to free your mind. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.” Wise words, sir.
Ko Phi Phi Leh, Thailand
Church of Gran Madre Di Dio, Turin, Italy
Katz’s Deli, New York, USA
The Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy