Compete for your share of $3 million in cash prizes in the Marlin fishing tournament this month, from October 20-24. This tournament, held annually in the shores of Cabo San Lucas, and has awarded 7 lucky teams with million dollar prizes within the last six years.
If you don't have much fishing experience, however, you may want to sit out and watch this year, as the entry fees total $5,000 per team. For the kind of money awarded, the competition is rather fierce as well, with teams traveling from as far as Japan and Russia to enter the tournament.
Tournament awards are based on the Entry Fees. Of the amount allocated to awards, forty percent (40%) goes to the Overall Tournament Team Awards and sixty percent (60%) goes to the Overall Tournament Jackpot Winners and Top Captains.
Overall tournament team awards go to the top five teams that accumulate the most billfish weight points. Of the overall tournament jackpots & top captains awards, sixty percent (60%) goes to the Tournament Jackpot and ten percent (10%) goes to Top Captains. In both categories, prizes are awarded to the top three teams based on the single heaviest qualifying black or blue marlin weighed.
TUESDAY OCTOBER 20 REGISTRATION
- 12-6:00pm Registration Check-In and distribution of Team Bags in front of the Puerto Paraiso Mall.
- 6-7:00pm Angler, Captain and Deckhand Meeting on the upper deck of the Puerto Paraiso Mall. Attendance by at least one Team member is mandatory.
- 7-9:00pm Registration continues and the Kick-Off Cocktail Party begins!
WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY/FRIDAY OCTOBER 21-23 FISHING DAYS
- 8:00am Shotgun Start. Watch offshore fishing's most spectacular "Shotgun Start" from one of the two best locations in Cabo: the new Baja Brewing Rooftop Restaurant at Cabo Villas Beach Resort or the Baja Cantina Beach Club on Medano Beach.
- 8:00am-5:00pm Tournament Fishing; lines must be out of the water by 5:00pm. Special events and prizes are announced over the radio.
- 8:00am-9:00pm Weigh Station is open in front of the Puerto Paraiso Mall. The weigh-in is broadcast LIVE over the internet at www.bisbees.com and www.sportfishermen.com.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 24 AWARDS CELEBRATION
- 7:00-9:30pm Awards Celebration starts off in front of the Puerto Paraiso Mall with cocktails followed by dinner and a big screen presentation of the tournament video (available for sale after the tournament on Bisbee's Online Store at www.bisbees.com/store/). The awards presentation starts after viewing the tournament video.