Experience the power of Elvis Presley and the explosive impact he had on music and popular culture in the Newseum's newest exhibit, "Elvis! His Groundbreaking, Hip-Shaking, Newsmaking Story."
Produced in collaboration with Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc., the exhibit includes a number of rare objects from the vaults of Graceland that have never been publicly displayed. These items include private telegrams, letters and documents that chronicle Presley's rise as a music and media sensation.
- A Newseum-produced video featuring vintage footage of Presley, shown on the 90-foot-long wall in the Robert H. and Clarice Smith Big Screen Theater
- Rare photographs, original newspapers and magazines covering Presley's career
- Presley's iconic 1957 Harley-Davidson motorcycle
- The "American Eagle" jumpsuit and cape Presley wore during rehearsals for his 1973 "Aloha From Hawaii" concert
- The gold and diamond belt presented to Presley in 1969 for breaking Las Vegas attendance records
555 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Gwen Mayes is a freelance health and wellness writer, lawyer, political junkie and former physician assistant. Based in DC, Gwen teaches writing workshops for the American Medical Writers Association focusing on persuasive writing. She writes about things, places, events, and lifestyles that simply make people feel better. Read more about Gwen at www.writingwithinsight.com. ...(Read More)