There’s been a lot going on since we published our massive, definitive, ultimate celebrity car roundup in March. With the arrival of spring, popular names have been buying, selling and driving some pretty incredible cars — the best of the best in fact, including Bentleys, Bugattis and Rolls-Royces. Meanwhile just this week it was announced that a super-cool celebrity car is heading to auction, with fierce bidding expected from top collectors around the world.
The big news is that a 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 formerly owned by Steve McQueen, the King of Cool, will be offered up at RM Auctions’ Monterey sale in August. McQueen ordered the car new, had it painted a custom shade of red, and kept it for several years at his home in Beverly Hills. There’s no telling just how much it could go for, but insiders expect it to equal or break the current record for the model, which clocks in at just under $10 million.
Here are some other happenings on the celebrity rides front:
- Lady Gaga announced that she's selling off her classic Rolls-Royce Corniche convertible for charity. The cherry red car built in 1990 will be sold by Julien's Auctions on May 17.
- Ozzy Osbourne recently splurged on a super-luxurious Bentley Flying Spur in jet black to accompany his black Ferrari 458 Italia. He and Sharon were spotted using it for a shopping expedition in Los Angeles.
- Rap superstar Drake has apparently listed his limited edition $3 million Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir for sale — maybe he couldn't get used to driving the 1,200hp beauty.
- Boxing phenom Floyd Mayweather seems to like his Veyron just fine, however; in fact he just picked up a second one, this time in black and red.
- Gwen Stefani is more of a Rolls-Royce girl. The A-list musician was recently spotted tooling around with hubby Gavin Rossdale in a brand new Rolls-Royce Wraith.
- Jennifer Lopez is fond of Rolls too, though she likes to lounge in the back of a Ghost limousine. The singer/actress was spotted with her new ride outside of Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- Cindy Crawford, being one of the original supermodels, prefers classic rides. She and husband Rande Gerber were seen cruising around in a vintage Corvette Stingray.
- Lastly, Formula One champ Lewis Hamilton apparently likes to drive a Mercedes-Benz both on and off the track. The British ace just took delivery of a cool new SLS AMG Black Series supercar.